Thursday, April 10, 2014

Looking Off Unto Jesus (Triumphs of Faith 1.2)

LOOKING OFF UNTO JESUS.



Oh, eyes that are weary
            And hearts that are sore,
Look off unto Jesus
            And sorrow no more.
The light of His countenance
            Shineth so bright,
That on earth, as in heaven,
            There need be “no night.”

Looking off unto Jesus
            My spirit is blest;
In the world I have turmoil,
            In Him I have rest.
The sea of my life
            All around me may roar,
When I look unto Jesus
            I hear it no more.

Looking off unto Jesus
            I go not astray;
My eyes are on Him,
            He shows me the way.
The path may seem dark
            As He leads me along,
But following Jesus
            I cannot go wrong.


Looking off unto Jesus,
            My heart cannot fear,
Its trembling is still
            When I see Jesus near.
I know that His presence
            My safeguard will be,
For “Why are ye troubled?”
            He saith unto me.

Looking off unto Jesus,
            Oh, may I be found
When the waters of Jordan
            Encompass me ‘round;
Let them bear me away
            In His presence to be,
‘Tis but seeing Him nearer
            Whom always I see.

Then, then shall I know
            The full beauty and grace
of Jesus my lord,
When I stand face to face;
I shall know that His love
            Went before me each day,
And wonder that every
            My eyes turned away.


            -Anon.