Monday, April 7, 2014

Evidences of Spiritual and Physical Healing (Triumphs of Faith 12.1)

EVIDENCES OF SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL HEALING.


Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thin iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases. – Psa. ciii: 23.

                        Cuba, N.Y., Nov I, 1881.

My Dear Miss Judd:

©Ilse Reijs and Jan-Noud Hutten
I bless God for what He has done for me. For sixteen years I have been a great sufferer with neuralgia in my head, prostrating me so that most of the time I did not care for life. I tried remedies from physicians in Buffalo, and New York, and was constantly sending for our home doctors, but with no good results. If the remedies relieved me the first time they were no good the second.

A year ago I became discouraged and left off my medicines, feeling that I must suffer the rest of my life, but praying each time that his attack might be the last one to endure. Last April I read of your healing, but did not make up my mind tow rite you until June. I also wrote Dr. Cullis and Mrs. Mix. I observed the time set for prayer. The night that you remembered me I can never forget. I was all alone. Such sweetness and joy I felt! I left the room saying, “Bless the Lord, oh, my soul, and all that is within me bless His Holy name;” and form that time to this I am a new person. I have had strong tests of my faith, but the Lord’s arm is strong in bearing up His children.

            In Christ,
            Mrs. E.M. Bond.

***

The world, in all its various forms, is the great instrument of which Satan makes use in order to weaken the hands and alienate the affections of the servants of Christ. But, blessed be God, when the heart is true to Him, He always comes in to cheer, to strengthen and to fortify at the right time. “The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him.” –( 2 Chron. xvi: 9.) This is an encouraging truth for our poor, timid, doubting faltering hearts. Christ will be our strength and shield; He will “cover our hearts in the day of battle.” He will “teach our hands to war and our fingers to fight;” and finally “He will bruise Satan under our feet.”

            C.H.M.