Monday, April 14, 2014

Experiences of Spiritual and Physical Healing (Triumphs of Faith 1.2)



EVIDENCES OF SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL HEALING.


Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
Who healeth all thy diseases.-Psa. ciii:23

Since receiving the following account of Miss Leo’s healing, we have had the privilege of meeting this dear young sister, and hearing from her own consecrated lips the precious story of Jesus’ healing love.-Editor

Dear Miss Judd:

Most gladly do I give you the account of my sickness and healing, and I trust you can use it for the Master’s glory.

I had been ill for over three years with spinal difficulty occasioned by a sever fall nearly four years ago. At times I suffered intense pain, and nothing seemed to help me for any length of time, although we tried many physicians and various medicines.

The last medicine that I tried I used for about two months, but as I constantly grew worse during that time I discounted it about six weeks before my healing. Since that time I have taken no medicine of any kind.

Several weeks previous to my healing I was visited by Mrs. Rev. J.A. Kummer who told me that she had been cured in answer to “they prayer of faith,” and that she knew the same blessing was in store for me.

It was difficult for me, who had not walked a step, without assistance, for over three years, to believe that in answer to prayer I should be made “every whit whole.” Mrs. Kummer and my sister at once commenced to pray earnestly for my recovery, and that my faith might be increased, as it was at first very weak. Gradually my faith strengthened until I could grasp the truth, “The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up.”-(James v: 15.)  We wrote to you and to Dr. Cullis to unite with the friends here in praying for my recovery. I knew that while our Saviour was on earth, He healed all the sick who came to Him in faith, and knowing, also, that Jesus Christ is “the same yesterday, today and forever,” I just trusted Him with all my heart, and He did heal “all my diseases,” and forgave “all my iniquities.” When in answer to our earnest prayers my faith became strong enough to say “I am healed<” and to act upon that faith, I found myself made strong and well and all pain had left my back. Although a few months before my healing I was lying on my bed suffering intensely, yet as soon as I believed, and rose and walked in Jesus’ name, the suffering all left me; although my “steps of faith” fell on the “seeming void,” yet I did “find the Rock beneath.” According to my faith it had been done unto me, and I found myself “strong in the Lord,” and able to walk about with perfect ease.

All that I can do now is to praise the Lord, and to use the strength He has given me to His glory.

“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name.”
            Mamie J. Leo.